Lost Before The Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Royal Decrees
"Lost Before The Dawn" has moved to a different host. Same plot, same chaos and adventures, new place. It can be found HERE. If anyone would like specific characters and threads moved, please contact Calypso over on the new site.

The admins want to thank everyone who made this version of LBTD amazing and gave us wonderful memories and fantastic rp adventures. We hope to see you on the new site! Over the next few weeks the site will be made private, but members will still be able to log in and get their stuff and read old threads.

To our wonderful affiliates: we will be re-adding you on the new site. Please bear with us :)

Frequently Asked Questions

Go down

Frequently Asked Questions  Empty Frequently Asked Questions

Post by Queen Stella Beck Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:12 pm

Are you active?
Definitely! However, here at Lost Before The Dawn, we realize that real life is much more important than the rp world. As active as us admins try and make this place, sometimes we are away for periods of time, both due to real-life commitments such as work and due to different time-zones. We are only as active as you are active. If you have any questions, please just start a topic in our questions section and we will get onto it as soon as we can! Alternatively you can make an account and PM us Smile

What's the plot again?
Parallel universes exist, separated from each other by a millisecond of time and a micron of space. The universes never intersected, until now. Rips in the very fabric of these universes are occurring, sucking people in. Those that survive the journey end up in Albion. With no way of getting back to their own universe, the newcomers are stuck, and now have to rebuild their lives from scratch. Basically, portals are opening up and are sucking people in, from the Weasley twins to Sherlock Holmes. All magical humans have their magic stripped, and inanimate objects with a soul (the TARDIS, the Impala, etc) are forced into a human form. The portals then dump the characters in a random part of Albion (your choice where). With no way of returning to their correct world, they all have to start their lives afresh.

Do I need to have played the Fable series or know all about Albion?
Not at all! We cater to everyone and don't require you to have any prior knowledge of the world your character has been thrown into. You will find bits and bobs about various locations to help you on your way, and if you really get stuck, we're always happy to help with questions. Plenty of our members haven't played the games and enjoy it here, so we see no reason why you wouldn't either Smile

Frequently Asked Questions  Oie_tr12

I've never been on a Forumotion board before? Help! What's it like?
Forumotion is a lot like Proboards. We use similar coding like [*center] instead of [align] and regular sized fonts like 12 and 18, unlike Jcink and InvisionFree which use tiny 0 and 1 fonts. We have a basic FM FAQ here which should get you covered for the basics, but everything else, please just ask Smile

What canon characters are available?
Everyone in Fable is available, minus Walter Beck, who has been turned into a ghost, and Captain Ben Finn, who is now taken. If they are dead, you are welcome to turn them into a ghost. In other fandoms, we accept basically anyone. If they died in the series/book/whatever, you are welcome to have them sucked into the portal before their death.

What kind of OCs do you accept?
Currently we're accepting OCs that would fit into Albion (so Victorian-era-style characters), and Displaced OCs (humans from other worlds). Balverines (the Albion version of werewolves) are accepted, however we do not accept any other supernatural beasts like vampires, sirens, etc. at this point in time.

Is magic allowed here?
No. Albion is magic-free as shown in the games, and the only exception to this rule is the Hero Queen who can channel magic only through spell gauntlets only to be used in battle. Characters who come from universes where magic is used (such as Harry Potter), will have had their magic powers stripped when going through the portal and will now have to adjust to their lives without it. They may or may not keep their wands for sentimental reasons.

We would also like you to note that if your characters carry over weapons like guns, they will be useless once the gun is out of ammunition it had already in it, as Albion guns are manufactured with different ammunition than modern guns. For example, characters Mac Taylor and Stella Bonasera were police officers in modern-day America and carried PD-issued Glocks (typically a 9x19 millimeter semi-automatic handgun if you reference the Internet Movies Firearms Database), but these firearms would be useless after their rounds were used and spent since they are modernly manufactured weapons. You can reference this thread if you would like to see such a thing played out on the site.

I really want to play a character that is supposed to be inanimate but has been shown to have a soul, like the TARDIS. Can I?
As stated before, all objects that have a soul but aren't human are forced into a human form on their arrival to Albion. Their soul will no longer be in the other object, so the other object will not be available for use.

I really want to play an animated character that is supposed to be an animal. Can I?
We have several animals-turned-humans on the board, the most notable being Spirit and Rain from Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron, Kiara from The Lion King 2, and Toothless from How To Train Your Dragon, so the answer is yes, you can. However they will be turned into a human on their arrival to Albion.

You have too many groups! How do I know where my character should be put into?
If your character's from Albion, it's pretty easy because you just pick the occupation group that best suits them. Displaced characters are a tad harder (but not by much, promise!). Originally Lost had only one choice for characters from other universes, and that was "displaced". However as the group grew too big, we decided to let displaced characters pick new groups, ones that best suits them according to their new Albion occupations. For instance, the Weasley twins and Daphne Greengrass were put into "shop-keepers" as they own shops now. Sherlock Holmes and Jack Harkness who have an insatiable wanderlust and need for adrenaline, are in "adventurers". John Watson and Rory Williams got hired as castle staff, so that's where they're in. Quite simply, when you join you can either be placed in the standard displaced group, or you can be put into a specialized group. Please note that for a displaced character to join castle staff, you will need to have a chat to Calypso. Also groups can be changed later down the track, so you don't have to commit to the displaced group forever.

I want the portal to throw my character in a region of Albion that isn't on the main board? Can I?
Yes, sort of. The staff have decided upon which regions are going to be used and which won't be. You will need to research the region you want your character in. The list of extra regions (those not yet on the board but that can be added on if someone needs them) is below:
Northern Wastes (a desolate land with constant snow, the only way to get in or out is by ship)
Rookridge (rocky, mountainous coastline with little going for it except a tavern. It's often infested with bandits and Hobbes, though there are caves for exploring for you curious lot)
Wraithmarsh (a cursed swampland that is the scariest place you can think of landing in. Unless you're a monster, you don't want your character in here)
Bandit Coast (full of bandits and mercenaries. Nuff said)

How much research do I have to do to be part of this site?
Research is always great, no doubt about that, however you don't need to be an expert in the Victorian era. You are, however, expected to research all that is relevant to your character and to keep your writing as realistic as possible. As we are a multiverse site and cater to those that may not have played the Fable games, staff have made sure to leave location blurbs about the various places, but if you are unsure about something, please consult the Fable Wiki. Make sure to research the occupation you want to take up and what it was like during this era! Research what is necessary. If you want to play a blacksmith, for instance, or stable-hand, do your research and don't just make up facts you think sound about right.

What's Albion like?
Albion is a steampunk world based off of Victorian England. No modern technology is allowed except for weaponry that characters may have on them (please be aware that things like guns would likely be useless after the bullets run out as Albion guns are manufactured with different bullets). Apart from Aurora where the population is mainly Negroid, the citizens of mainland Albion are all Caucasian. Please be aware of this when creating an OC. The richest houses are in Millfields, with Bowestone Old Quarter coming in second. All other housing basically consists of cottages. No apartments or flats. In Driftwood you can own a caravan. Magic is not permitted. Same-sex marriage and polygamy aren't frowned upon. Demon Doors exist all over Albion and will occasionally talk to you if they feel in the mood. For anything else, please consult the Wiki, or ask Calypso.

Which canons/fandoms don't you accept?
Any characters from the following fandoms will not be allowed. If you are unhappy about it, please just find a site that caters to your likes and don't yell at us in the chatbox.
-Twilight
-My Little Pony
-Adventure Time, the Simpsons, Family Guy, Futurama, etc. You guys get the picture.
-50 Shades Of Grey
-Pokemon (we all love it but it doesn't fit in with the setting) and Digimon

Please be aware that it is at the discretion of the staff whether or not your character gets accepted so even if your chosen fandom is not on the list, staff may decline if they feel it doesn't fit in with the overall setting.

Which canons don't you accept?
Basically all canons are available unless staff have specifically stated no. However if a face-claim has been taken (for instance Jeremy Renner or Robert Downey Jr), then any characters associated with them are off-limits. Canons (and subsequently face-claims) are on a first come, first serve basis. If someone snatches someone up before you, better luck next time. Or wait until the first round of activity checks.

I notice that you have a film Sherlock, a film Watson, and are wanting a film Irene, however you also have a BBC Lestrade. How does that work?
The staff decided that we really want film Sherlock, Watson, and Irene here as they would fit the overall place a lot better. However so as not to imply that film Lestrade never existed, it's been reasoned that BBC Lestrade is the descendant of the film Lestrade. In fact, all the BBC characters are descendants of the film characters. So with characters like Moriarty and Mrs Hudson you can decide which version you want. We are undecided yet as to whether we'll allow the BBC Sherlock, Watson, and Irene here too, but if you are interested in these younger versions, please chat to Calypso.

How big can avatars and signatures be?
Avatar pictures are automatically sized down by the site so you can pick almost any size (however bear in mind that if you do a super large picture, your final result will end up quite small). For signatures we recommend a width of 500, but it may be longer, so long as it doesn't stretch the board. 700-800 should be your limit though.

This questions list will be added onto; this is just a very brief guide! Any questions - please feel free to leave in here Smile
Queen Stella Beck
Queen Stella Beck
Admin

Gold : 38982

https://lost-before-the-dawn.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum