Lost Before The Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Royal Decrees
"Lost Before The Dawn" has moved to a different host. Same plot, same chaos and adventures, new place. It can be found HERE. If anyone would like specific characters and threads moved, please contact Calypso over on the new site.

The admins want to thank everyone who made this version of LBTD amazing and gave us wonderful memories and fantastic rp adventures. We hope to see you on the new site! Over the next few weeks the site will be made private, but members will still be able to log in and get their stuff and read old threads.

To our wonderful affiliates: we will be re-adding you on the new site. Please bear with us :)

The Best of Both Worlds || Jack

2 posters

Go down

The Best of Both Worlds || Jack Empty The Best of Both Worlds || Jack

Post by Fendrel Sadon Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:49 am

- - - - - - - - - -
are you, are you coming to the tree
WHERE I TOLD YOU TO RUN SO WE'D BOTH BE FREE
- - - - - - - - - -
It was one of Fendrel's slower times of year now that winter was starting to creep into the kingdom. It was also partially his choice. He had his periods and stretches of working hard, and then he'd give himself a break if he didn't need the money. Currently, he didn't feel that pressed that he had to run all over Albion worrying about jobs and clients and the guard keeping tabs on him. So he'd found himself in Brightwall with a drink in his hand and his feet kicked up lazily as he mindlessly watched the crowd.

It was a small joint and a typically peaceful town, and that made for the perfect release. He was also a little bored, and company was something he was almost looking for. The last time he'd been in the company of someone by choice and that didn't have to relate to his work and was more for pleasure was... Well..., when had it been? Fendrel frowned slightly, taking another slow drink from his stein.

Okay... so maybe he wasn't really looking, but he was thinking that a little idle conversation wouldn't hurt him. Living alone had its bonuses and flaws, and, at the moment, Fendrel was really feeling the flaws. The restlessness that usually kept him busy on jobs or running about killing something or exploring had died off for this spell. And it was the season of merriment, which usually didn't help the bachelor's mood. Typically, this season usually brought up rough memories of his past, which may or may not have entirely to do with his drinking at the moment. It took the edge off and let him relax a little more than he would if he was at his full senses and in the company of the usual people of his circles. They knew him too well for him to get away with saying that everything was fine, and so, here he was once again, avoiding them.

Right now, he was preferring the company of someone he didn't know well, if he chose any company at all. Company usually meant questions, and, depending on the person asking them, Fendrel sometimes didn't like answering them. Especially if they were some nosy citizen that had the potential to get a little too close for his comfort. He really wasn't in the mood for shooting anyone at the moment, so it'd be in everyone's best interest if the company he kept didn't get on his nerves, because as much self-control as he might possess, he still had limits like anyone else.

With another small frown as he thought over his current situation, he took another slow, long drink from his stein before leaning forward and setting it on the table and looking around again for anything, or anyone, that might spark his interest. Who knows...? Maybe you are looking, he thought to himself as his gaze scanned over the individuals in the crowd already gathered. What could it really hurt? It's been a while since you've had someone to actually talk to, let alone hang around for any long period of time...

- - - - - - - - - -
strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be
IF WE MET AT MIDNIGHT IN THE HANGING TREE
- - - - - - - - - -
TAGGED``: Jack Harkness
OUTFIT``: This outfit on the left, but without the tie and with his usual Military Gloves on and these boots.
NOTES``: *flops* I'm so friggin' excited!! *bounces up and down excitedly* I'm sorry if this isn't much in the great scheme of things, but this has been a long week and today took for-ev-er, so I think I'm blaming that for me being a little scatter-brained right now. xD Yes, I'm totally blaming it.
LYRICS``: the hanging tree by james newton howard (from mockingjay: part one of 'the hunger games' trilogy.)
CREDIT``: made by TAYLYNOSAURUS REX! of caution 2.0. with a zillion and one edits by CALYPSO
Fendrel Sadon
Fendrel Sadon

Gold : 39715

Back to top Go down

The Best of Both Worlds || Jack Empty Re: The Best of Both Worlds || Jack

Post by Jack Harkness Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:03 pm

stars we don't want to reach, scars we don't want to stitch
GO WHERE WE HAVEN'T BEEN, FLY AWAY TIME MACHINE  
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Christmas was coming. Snowstorms had already covered most of Albion in a thick blanket of snow, and the Albionites were all preparing for the festivity, bringing in Christmas trees into their homes and hanging fir wreaths from their doors. Not that they called it Christmas here - they called it Yule. Same holiday, different name, as far as Jack was concerned. Nothing could stop the citizens from the celebrations, it seemed. Even the villagers of Silverpines were risking injuries and potential death by organizing caravans full of fir trees and foods such as geese and minced pies to be delivered to the hamlet. For Jack it was nice to see that things like Christmas were celebrated here, and to such an extent. It was going to be Jack's first Christmas away from his team, and without any loved ones. All the villagers had invited him to spend Yule with them, but though he was immensly grateful to the villagers for their hospitality, he had politely declined. Though he had grown to care for all of them, they still didn't feel like family to him, and what Jack wanted most of all was to spend it with people (or even just one person; he wasn't about to be fussy about it) that cared for him more than just like a saviour of the town.

He'd considered spending the holiday with The Nomad who was pretty much still his only proper friend in Silverpines, but the younger male was still too preoccupied with fixing his TARDIS which still seemed to not like being in Albion very much. She was being a moody old thing, reminding Jack all-to-well of the Doctor's own TARDIS, with her pet peeves and quirks. The thought of the Doctor depressed him and he decided that spending the festive season away from Time Lords and their bigger-on-the-inside boxes was something that he should do. Otherwise the entire season would be spent in a spiral of lonliness and loathing, something Jack was keen to give a miss. He had enough of that in his regular life; he didn't need to spend his Christmas in the same way. He'd contemplated on trekking to Bowerstone and finding Mac Taylor and Queen Stella, friends that he'd made during an unfortunate evening fighting monsters after being kidnapped and thrown into a thing called "Reaver's Wheel Of Misfortune", but he figured they all had plans of their own for Yule. It was, after all, a time to be spending with family and friends, and though Jack was all for creating fun and adventures, he wasn't about to intrude during such a personal time.

So Jack did the next best thing - he went out adventuring to help him forget all about being alone during such a time. So far Jack's travels had only taken him to Bowerstone and Millfields before he had returned back to Silverpines at the start of Winter. He'd spent some weeks fighting off the Balverine population which didn't seem to grow any smaller, despite the harsh winds and biting snow. But now that severe snowstorms had been hitting the kingdom for the past week, the creatures had seemed to gone into hibernation, which was perfect for Jack since he had been planning on exploring some more of Albion before Yule. He was also rather hoping to find someone to share it with, even if it was just a stray dog he could take home from the cold. Waving goodbyes to the Silverpines villagers, he'd set off, promising to be back and visit before long.

After several days of trekking and accidentally ending up in the mountains, Jack finally arrived in Brightwall. It was a quaint little village, reminding him very much of little Scottish towns, way out in the country-side, quiet and yet somehow bustling with activity. First he'd indulged in some chicken races, making a killing when a chicken called The Colonel finally won a race. He wasn't one to gamble, usually, but when in Brightwall, do as the Albionites do. The fact that they raced chickens instead of something meant for running like dogs or horses amused Jack to no end. He had to give them credit for creativity though. Next he'd wandered up to the Brightwall Academy, where he'd indulged in some light reading, spending the entire afternoon reading up on various Albion lore and history. The kingdom was fascinating and Jack wished he could take the books away so he could learn all about the strange place he called home now, but lending was strictly not allowed. Apparently they had once tried that but the books had never been returned, at least not until the new monarch had trekked across all of Albion to find them all and bring them back. Since then the Academy had a strict ban on lending.

Evening had settled when Jack finally left the Academy and headed down to the local tavern. Not having eaten a proper meal since he had set out from Silverpines, he was looking extremely forward to a hot meal and a few drinks. Preferably with some attractive company, but he would be content just with someone who could be interesting to chat to. Ordering a pint of beer as he walked in, Jack looked around the potential company. The whole tavern was joyful and noisy, couples and families dotted all around, having dinner. Finally he approaced a gent that was sitting by himself, scanning the place as if he was searching for someone. "Hi, I was wondering if you'd mind me joining you?" Jack greeted him, flashing him one of his trademark charming grins and hoping that the stranger wasn't actually waiting for someone. "Everywhere else looks to be full," he added with a casual shrug.

NOTES I don't even care that there are couples and families in the place xD Though I'll probably have them leave at some point to give the two more privacy x3 I swear I wasn't going to write this much o.O Jack got a tad carried away.
OUTFIT Regular Jack outfit
CREDITS  Cosmos (Outer Space) by t.A.T.u ~ Template by Doe-Eyed Harlot of Caution.
Jack Harkness
Jack Harkness

Gold : 37880

Back to top Go down

Post by Fendrel Sadon Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:49 pm

- - - - - - - - - -
are you, are you coming to the tree
WHERE I TOLD YOU TO RUN SO WE'D BOTH BE FREE
- - - - - - - - - -
For a little while longer, Fendrel remained working on his drink without further interruptions except for the people around him. There was families and couples filling the place to near overflowing. That's why the entrance of an undoubtedly attractive probably thirty-something year old lad walking in almost surprised him. The place was packed, after all, with all the merry spirit-filled beings of the season.

On the up side, the man certainly had his attention. Even more so when he was approached by the stranger. Personally, Fendrel never met him, and he liked to believe that he was typically good at remembering faces. Regardless, when the stranger flashed a grin, Fendrel couldn't help but return it. "Usually is around this time of the year," he commented about the crowd being around and being rather large as he gestured to the place beside him. "And no, I wouldn't mind. Make yourself comfortable," he added. Typically, Fendrel didn't just flat-out play with anyone, but they did say that it was the season and he would've picked up any conversation he could just to avoid thinking too hard about what he was doing to himself by staying in the game of killing. The bonus here was that this company that stood before him now was, in every way, rather easy on the eyes and obviously a skilled talker. It wasn't too much of a wild guess to imagine the stories he'd probably hear. Maybe I've got more luck than I think I've got, after all...

"I've got first round," he said, looking back to the stranger who had yet to introduce himself and flashing a slight smile. "Looks like you've come from far off enough that you've earned yourself the pleasure, if you'd like. And I insist, by the way, so don't bother telling me I don't have to." He almost grinned at himself, but managed to hide it behind the action of taking another sip of his own drink. His line of work didn't often offer situations to just sit and chat time away and since he'd recently taken back to his at least yearly identity crisis, he was feeling like almost anything would go. Unusual for him, yes, but not entirely unheard of if you knew who to ask. "I'm Fendrel, by the way," he added as he set his stein back down on the table, looking back to the stranger, "and to whom do I owe the pleasure of such company?" What could a little carelessness really hurt? He spent way too much of his time acting way more serious than he, in all reality, wanted to be. With a little drink already cutting off the edge and the festivities that were already around, Fendrel found it actually kind of hard to refuse the offer of an open chat. This was company, and that was a luxury he rarely had the chance to enjoy, so he had full intentions of not blowing it off when it was obviously something worth at least trying.

- - - - - - - - - -
strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be
IF WE MET AT MIDNIGHT IN THE HANGING TREE
- - - - - - - - - -
TAGGED``: Jack Harkness
OUTFIT``: This outfit on the left, but without the tie and with his usual Military Gloves on and these boots.
NOTES``: xD I'm seriously bouncing off the walls on the inside. You've no idea how long I've been waiting for this. xD I think I've legit fangirled over these two actually meeting in my mind. xD Jack's energy must've rubbed off on at least me. xD Fen's not all cold-hearted after all, so of course I cut him loose. He's spent too much time trying to be all serious by keeping tabs on my army. xD
LYRICS``: the hanging tree by james newton howard (from mockingjay: part one of 'the hunger games' trilogy.)
CREDIT``: made by TAYLYNOSAURUS REX! of caution 2.0. with a zillion and one edits by CALYPSO
Fendrel Sadon
Fendrel Sadon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Harkness Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:14 am

stars we don't want to reach, scars we don't want to stitch
GO WHERE WE HAVEN'T BEEN, FLY AWAY TIME MACHINE  
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sliding into the chair opposite the handsome stranger, Jack dumped his backpack at his feet and nudged it off to the side so it wouldn't get in the way. "That's mighty kind of you," he replied, giving him a warm smile. He found that just like in Cardiff, people here really loved to drink. To the point where it could easily become an Olympic sport, had they had the Olympics in Albion. Here however, unlike Cardiff, everyone was more willing to be the first one to buy a drink for a stranger. "But seeing as I already have one, I guess I should finish mine first, huh?" he added with a cheeky grin. Which he was happy to do, because not only was he hungry, he was absolutely parched. He took a long gulp from his own pint before withdrawing a handkerchief from his inside jacket pocket and dabbing at the froth on his lips. Looking back to his new companion, he gave a sheepish smile. "Forgive my manners. I haven't eaten or drunk anything all day. But don't go ordering food for me now otherwise I'll never know how to pay you back." Well, he could think of a couple of ways if he got to know him a bit better, but it was much too early to even think about such things.

He studied the man as a cheeky smiled curled up the corners of his lips. Fendrel. Nice name. Sort of just rolls right off the tongue. "Captain Jack Harkness, at your service," he replied, emboldened enough to give the handsome chap opposite him a wink. "But you can call me Jack. Titles can become quite the mouthful after a few drinks," he added, the cheeky smile not leaving his lips. He took another sip of his drink, watching Fendrel over the top of his glass. It had been a while since Jack had had a proper flirt with someone. Hell, it had been even longer still since he'd last been in a relationship. And though a full-blown relationship wasn't exactly what he was after at this point (when had it ever been?), a little flirting and fooling around never hurt. Especially with someone as handsome as Fendrel. He couldn't help the slight smirk that curled up the corners of his mouth, nor did he do anything to hide it. Tonight is definitely gonna be some fun...

NOTES Apologies for my lameish post. I was feeling really bad for making dear Fen have to wait so long.
OUTFIT Regular Jack outfit
CREDITS  Cosmos (Outer Space) by t.A.T.u ~ Template by Doe-Eyed Harlot of Caution.

The Best of Both Worlds || Jack Oie_tr12
Jack Harkness
Jack Harkness

Gold : 37880

Back to top Go down

Post by Fendrel Sadon Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:17 pm

Some legends are told, some turn to dust or to gold
But you will remember me, remember me for centuries

Fendrel couldn't help but smile. This male was easy to talk to and easy to get along with, although Fen couldn't exactly place his finger on why at that exact moment. Regardless of why, the banter was welcome, and so was the flirt that came with it, which was definitely a very pleasant surprise. If he was serious with himself, Fen didn't flirt with just anyone. If this stranger turned out to be just as good with weapons as he was with his words, he was in for quite the treat. Quite frankly, until then, the assassin hadn't really crossed paths with anyone worth trading such words and actions. Here, however, it was too easy to, and it seemed it would be a shame if he didn't at least flirt back. This one was quite handsome, after all.

Another smile slipped easily into form on the male's face at the other's apology. "No worries," he said with a slight wave of his hand. "The last thing I'm going to judge you about is your proper manners," he added, his smile turning teasing. He even let out a light laugh, a sound that caught the male entirely by surprise, although he thankfully managed to toss his surprise at his own actions away so that it didn't show.

Shortly, Fen shook his head, the smile that had never left his face turning amused at the stranger's insistence that he not rush to buy him anything. "What makes you think I'd make you pay me back? Seriously, it's no trouble if you'd like. You should at least let me get you something by the end of the night. You look like you need it, after all."

When the male introduced himself, Fen's smile grew, although it was only slightly this time. It was quite the name. Jack Harkness... For some reason, it made an impression on him, although it was a tad difficult to exactly say whether that had everything or nothing to do with the wink that followed the name - the main reason Fen turned back to his drink, briefly dragging his gaze away from his attractive company in nothing but a streak of shyness that was pushed away at the mention of a few drinks, making Fen chuckle lightly. "Indeed it can!" he agreed, his smile returning in full-force to his features, "Jack it is then."

tagged @Jack Harkness
lyrics Centuries by Fall Out Boy
notes Ohermergerwd, major Fen muse boost. Fen's sitting watching Torchwood with me and absolutely dying, so of course he wanted to flirt/absolutely huggle attack his favorite Captain and man in all of the possible universes ever. Also felt like a little change in get-up for this topic wouldn't hurt him. x3 (^insert incoherent shipping noises here^)
outfit Leather jacket, black long-sleeved shirt, black pants, boots, gloves
words 396
credit Calypso
Fendrel Sadon
Fendrel Sadon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down