Lost Before The Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Royal Decrees
"Lost Before The Dawn" has moved to a different host. Same plot, same chaos and adventures, new place. It can be found HERE. If anyone would like specific characters and threads moved, please contact Calypso over on the new site.

The admins want to thank everyone who made this version of LBTD amazing and gave us wonderful memories and fantastic rp adventures. We hope to see you on the new site! Over the next few weeks the site will be made private, but members will still be able to log in and get their stuff and read old threads.

To our wonderful affiliates: we will be re-adding you on the new site. Please bear with us :)

For Queen And Country // John Watson

2 posters

Go down

For Queen And Country // John Watson Empty For Queen And Country // John Watson

Post by Irene Adler Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:05 pm

I may be bad, but I'm perfectly good at it.

Stepping out onto the balcony, Irene smiled as a gentle breeze caressed her bare neck. Taking in a deep breath of air, she closed her eyes for a long moment, savouring the moment. The night was cool, but it was a pleasant relief after the hot stuffy air inside the ballroom. Opening her eyes, the woman walked slowly to the railing and watched the stars, glad for a moment away from the stuffy dignitaries and judging damsels.

"If I didn't know any better, I would think you were hiding from me," a voice commented, his steps soft as he came up beside her. A smile instantly lit up her features and she bit her lip as his cologne teased her nose. After she left Moriarty's employ, she'd run away from London, fearing that he wouldn't want to have any loose ends floating around. And then in the middle of nowhere, in a small seaside village that had probably been left off the map, she'd met Albert, a navy lieutenant. She'd learned of his hefty inheritance and in true Irene style, had decided to make him her new trophy husband. But her resolve didn't last very long; he turned out different than she'd thought. Kinder. And as the days turned to weeks, and the weeks to months, she found herself falling for him.  

She could hear the wry smile in his voice, and as he came up and snaked an arm around her waist, the woman closed her eyes in content for a moment. So this is what having a normal life felt like. No running, no fear, just a feeling of peace. It was lovely. "No, I am merely contemplating the best way to hide you from all those hungry damsels in there," she retorted with a raise of an eyebrow and a slight smirk. "They're practically salivating over you. I'm surprised you didn't slip in the pools of drool. I wager they'll be having a battle to the death soon for your hand."

The man shook his head, laughing and rolling his eyes. "My my, are you jealous, Miss Adler?" he asked, pressing a kiss to her temple. She gave a soft hum of content at the action and he chuckled, his hold on her tightening. "I'm afraid that though you wear most things well, jealousy is not one of those things."

The woman turned to look at him, her breath catching in her throat. His eyes sparkled with amusement in the dark, and his lips were curled up in a smile that Irene had become very much attracted to. She opened her mouth to shoot back a witty response, but her features creased into a frown at the sensation that something other than Albert was gripping her. Invisible tendrils were wrapping themselves around her waist and Irene stumbled as she was pulled out of her lover's hold. He turned, fixing her with a curious look, raising his eyebrows. The woman tried tugging at the invisible ropes around her, but it was no use. He took a few steps toward her, but that resulted in her being yanked back more violently. The distance between Albert and her grew by the second as she was pulled back, fear flitting through her eyes. She didn't know where she was being pulled to, or why, but what she did know was that it was unlikely she would be seeing England or Albert again any time soon.

She couldn't go without saying goodbye. Grabbing hold of the balcony railing and wrenching herself forward, she grabbed her lover forward by the lapels of his jacket with one hand and placed a long soft kiss on his lips. "I love you, Albert. So much. Please don't forget me. Goodbye, my love." A tender smile crinkled her features as she studied his face one last time, before letting go, allowing herself to be pulled away and engulfed in an inky darkness, the sounds of his despairing yells echoing in her ears.

A very unlady-like grunt left her lips as she landed on a cold wooden floor. Holding her throbbing head with one hand, she shakily pushed herself up with the other, studying her surroundings. She was in someone's bedroom. Perfect. Just perfect. Torn away from her lover just to end up in someone's bedroom. What sort of sick twist of fate was this? Shaking her head, she allowed herself to drop off her elbow and just lay on the carpet, staring at the ceiling. It was all too much to process.

WORDS :: 755

TAGGED :: @John Watson

OUTFIT :: Red Victorian dress

NOTES :: The Irene-and-her-lover feeeeeelssssss *sobs*

Template created by blackrose538 of Caution 2.0

For Queen And Country // John Watson Oie_tr12
Irene Adler
Irene Adler

Gold : 34245

Back to top Go down

For Queen And Country // John Watson Empty Re: For Queen And Country // John Watson

Post by John Watson Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:10 pm

IN A TIME OF MONSTERS
even a wise man may fall

TAG:  

NOTES:

It had been a while since Doctor John Watson had arrived in this strange yet familiar land of Albion, he had no real idea on how he arrived but he had managed to adjust himself quite well to this strange strange place. Watson had managed to get himself a position as the Queen of this lands doctor, a rather well paying and respectable job in Watson's opinion.

The job provided security and a place to lodge and that was all he needed for the time being. Watson thought as he laid in his bed staring at the ceiling, he did certainly miss England but this place was similar enough to England, thus Watson was not too homesick by the strange events which brought him to Albion.

It was then Watson heard a loud thump in his room and he quickly sat up and noticed a familiar face. So it seems Albion has taken yet another person from his world, this time it was one Irene Adler, someone Watson had past dealings with.

Watson quickly got out of his bed and stood up walking over to Miss Adler and leaning over her. Watson then said in a surprised yet slightly amused tone, "Miss Adler, welcome to Albion, its England yet at the same time not England." Watson had decided to make humour of the situation it could help with the shock of arrival in this strange land.

Watson then offered his hand to help Irene get back on her feet, Watson also knew he would likely have to check if her arrival by falling into his rooms floor caused any injuries soon. Watson would have been a terrible doctor if he forgot to make sure that Irene was uninjured after the loud thump she caused in his room.
John Watson
John Watson

Gold : 40095

Back to top Go down

For Queen And Country // John Watson Empty Re: For Queen And Country // John Watson

Post by Irene Adler Sat May 30, 2015 6:41 pm

I may be bad, but I'm perfectly good at it.

As tears pricked her eyes as she thought of her beloved standing alone and very confused back at the party, Irene scrunched her eyes tight, willing herself with every fibre in her body to wake up. It was all just a bad dream. A nightmare. It had to be. There was no other explanation for all of this. Such things didn't happen in real life - they happened in penny dreadfuls and children's stories. Normal people couldn't get sucked from one place and thrown out in a completely different one. It just wasn't possible.

And yet here she was.

A familiar voice greeted her and quickly she sat up, her eyes growing wide as she saw exactly who the voice belonged to. Sherlock's doctor friend. What is he doing here? Wherever 'here' is... Confusion flitted through her eyes and a slight frown marred her features before she regained her composure. "Dr Watson, what a pleasant surprise," she murmured, giving the man a small but friendly smile. It was indeed nice to see a familiar face in this strange place, whatever it was, even if she and the good doctor had never been friends. Her dealings had all been mainly with Sherlock, besides which she had a feeling that the doctor probably frowned upon her particular line of work, being the upstanding citizen that he was. "I'm not quite sure that I understand what you mean, but I'm sure I'll find out soon enough. Maybe you could even show me," she purred, a soft chuckle leaving her lips.

She took the proferred hand, a pleasant tingle running up her hand at the touch and her eyes flickered down towards it in surprise. But the next second all that was forgotten as pain shot up her leg as she tried to stand up. The severity of it made her bit her lip hard to stop herself from yelping, and as she tried to transfer all her weight to her good leg, she overbalanced and toppled over. A string of curses too vile to be uttered in present company ran through her mind, a pained frown on her face. This is not my day...

WORDS :: 360

TAGGED :: @John Watson

OUTFIT :: Red Victorian dress

NOTES :: ---

Template created by blackrose538 of Caution 2.0
Irene Adler
Irene Adler

Gold : 34245

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down