Lost Before The Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Royal Decrees
"Lost Before The Dawn" has moved to a different host. Same plot, same chaos and adventures, new place. It can be found HERE. If anyone would like specific characters and threads moved, please contact Calypso over on the new site.

The admins want to thank everyone who made this version of LBTD amazing and gave us wonderful memories and fantastic rp adventures. We hope to see you on the new site! Over the next few weeks the site will be made private, but members will still be able to log in and get their stuff and read old threads.

To our wonderful affiliates: we will be re-adding you on the new site. Please bear with us :)

All The Right Friends In All The Wrong Places // Scarlet Frost

2 posters

Go down

All The Right Friends In All The Wrong Places // Scarlet Frost Empty All The Right Friends In All The Wrong Places // Scarlet Frost

Post by Tayla Colt Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:28 am

"Fine, be that way, see if I care!" Tayla spat as she stormed out of the farmhouse without so much as a backwards glance at Dean. Muttering a string of curses under her breath, the brunette pulled on the leather jacket in her hands and headed out into the forest. She'd been stupid for thinking that her transition from car to human would be simple and life would just carry on. It was anything but simple, though in Tayla's mind it would have been a hell of a lot more simpler if Dean hadn't been making such a huge deal out of it all. Yes, she was his beloved Impala in human form. Yes, she wanted to get out there and fight monsters. She couldn't see the problem in all this. But when she'd asked Dean when they could get out of there and go kick some monster butt, he looked at her as if she'd grown three heads and promptly said that they weren't. He might be going soon, but she couldn't come.

Her hands clenched into fists, nails biting into the palm of her hand. Angrily she wiped the tears from her eyes and kept walking. She understood he was worried about her, but she'd survived a multitude of batterings and got away relatively unscathed. Granted, that was when she was big and made of metal, instead of this fragile human form, but she was certain that with just a bit of training she'd be just as good as any old hunter. All she wanted was a chance to prove herself, and she couldn't even get that. Sam was right in calling Dean a jerk, though he of course meant it in a loving way; right now Dean was acting like an utter jerk and Tayla just couldn't forgive him for it.

After what seemed like forever, the brunette stopped and looked around. The forest had gotten thicker and she had no idea how far from the farm she'd gone. The adrenaline rush from her anger was gone, only to be replaced by a twinge of worry and fear. She was in the middle of nowhere, with no weapons for protection, and with no idea how to get back home. Or rather how to get back to the derelict farmhouse that she and Dean were calling home in the meantime. She glanced around, scanning the area for movement. Save for a few birds singing away to themselves, the forest was empty. That at least was a silver lining - the fact that she wasn't about to be eaten by a bear, or worse, any time soon.

Shaking the fear off, she went to search out the stream that she could hear in the near distance. If she followed it, she would eventually get to a town. And from there she could ask for directions on how to get back. No point in going the way she came; in her anger she could have swerved or gone in a different direction without consciously realizing it, and trying to go straight back would get her even more lost. No, the logical thing was to find the next town over and go from there. Mind made up, she crossed her arms across her chest and set off.
Tayla Colt
Tayla Colt

Gold : 39615

Back to top Go down

All The Right Friends In All The Wrong Places // Scarlet Frost Empty Re: All The Right Friends In All The Wrong Places // Scarlet Frost

Post by Scarlet Frost Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:37 pm

- - - - - - - - - -
seven devils all around me
THEY WERE THERE WHEN I WOKE UP THIS MORNING
i'll be dead before the day is done
- - - - - - - - - -
Nestled in the crook of Calder's arm, under the shade of a big oak, Scarlet added some shading to the portrait she was sketching. The whole gang was relaxing after yet another successful ambush on a rich couple travelling back to Millfields. They'd wanted to kill the couple after, so as to leave no witnesses behind, but Scarlet had refused, threatening to shoot whichever man harmed the couple herself. She may be be an assassin, but she wasn't entirely heartless, and she wasn't ok with her gang killing innocents just for the sake of it. Her assassination targets were always corrupt and evil men; she never harmed those who she knew or thought to be good. She might be a criminal, and on Albion's Top Ten Most Wanted list, but she had standards.

The sun falling through the trees was warm on her face, and the heat of the day was bringing her closer to sleep. She wriggled closer into Calder, a content smile curling up the corners of her mouth. The male chuckled softly at her antics, kissing her head before looking down at her sketch. "Someone 'ave a little crush on our queen?" he teased with an upraised eyebrow. "Sod off Calder," she shot back, giving him a playful shove in the ribs before standing up, a hint of a smile on her lips. Closing her sketchbook, she dropped it down on the grass and stretched for a long minute. "I think she'd lock me up in Ravenscar the moment she realizes who I am, and quite frankly I like my freedom," she added, sticking her tongue out at him. Scooping up her notebook, she sauntered over to her caravan and threw her notebook over onto the bed. Idiot, she thought with a smile. Bet he just wants to see some lady love... Pulling her hair in the ponytail, she appraised her look in the mirror, eyes lingering on her red snowflake tattoo for a long moment. How life with mercenaries had changed her. Once upon a time she'd wanted to become a famous adventurer; now she'd succeeded in being a famous assassin. Not exactly the title she'd been hoping for, back in her childhood days.

A long low whistle sounded throughout the camp and a soft sigh left Scarlet's lips as she rolled her eyes. The whistle was their signal to one another that yet another unwary person had stumbled into their camp. Sometimes she really hated this part of the job. She knew that they had to do this in order to survive, that without robbing passing traders and bigwigs they would have no money for anything like food or clothes. But sometimes it just felt wrong. Her parents hadn't raised her to become this monster, this robbing and killing machine. They had raised her to be good. And oh how she'd disappointed them. Shaking the depressing thought away, Scarlet silently dashed out of the caravan, scaling the giant oak tree nearby. Hiding in the foliage, she peered out from her vantage point, wondering who this afternoon's ambush would be. Surely not another Millfields couple; the gang had never managed to get that lucky before. The lads had all hidden, to not give away their positions ahead of time. She would come in last, if things were getting out of hand or the boys needed a reminder that their latest victim was to be left alive. Like a cat waiting for its prey to get closer, Scarlet lay and waited, watching out for the intruder.

STATUS``: active
TAGGED``: baby <3
OUTFIT``: white peasant blouse, underbust corset, skinny black pants, and black lace-up boots
NOTES``: dude, please don't make it any longer than mine! i can't handle your long posts; i'm so damn out of practice! the picture scarlet was sketching.
LYRICS``: seven devils by florence and the machine
CREDIT``: made by TAYLYNOSAURUS REX! of caution 2.0. with a zillion and one edits by CALYPSO
Scarlet Frost
Scarlet Frost

Gold : 39225

Back to top Go down

All The Right Friends In All The Wrong Places // Scarlet Frost Empty Re: All The Right Friends In All The Wrong Places // Scarlet Frost

Post by Tayla Colt Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:50 am

lonely is the night when you find yourself alone
YOUR DEMONS COME TO LIGHT AND YOUR MIND IS NOT YOUR OWN  
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Her expression still creased in a frown, Tayla's thoughts turned to Castiel and Sam as she continued on through the forest. She wondered where the two had gotten to, hoping that neither of the two had managed to get into too much trouble. For the life of her, she couldn't understand why they'd been separated in the first place; they'd all been together in the Impala so they should have all ended up in the same place when the portal spat them all out. So why were Dean and her separated from them? Her stomach felt like someone had tied a knot in it, and a feeling of dread washed over her. What if Sam, somehow, hadn't made it through the portal? What if he was back on that lonely stretch of Kansas road still, all alone with no brother, no portable home, and no weaponry to defend himself against monsters? Or worse, what if he was stuck in the vastness of space, or wherever defective portals sent their victims, unable to get to Albion but unable to get back home? Stuck for the rest of his days, just wandering all alone.

A chill ran down Tayla's spine and she gave an involuntary shiver, swallowing the lump that had suddenly formed in her throat. No, she told herself, Sammy will be fine. Both of them will be. Absolutely perfectly fine. The slightest of smiles curled up the corners of her mouth as she thought about how Dean and her would probably find the pair in a few weeks, bragging about all the fantastic hunts they'd been on while separated from them. Despite her annoyance at him, Tayla's thoughts once again turned to Dean. She wondered if he'd gone out looking for her, or if he'd just stayed home, confident that she'd be back in a few hours. Probably doing some target shooting out in the orchard to calm down... She rather hope that he hadn't followed her, because she was certain he'd get just as lost as she was now and then they'd never find each other again.

From somewhere up ahead a low whistle sounded, pulling Tayla out of her thoughts. Turning, she looked around for the source, but not seeing anything she promptly dismissed it as a call of a bird that had taken off. Up ahead through the trees, she could see some caravans and her heart gave a leap. Finally she'd be able to get some directions and get home! Maybe she'd even be able to get back before dark! A relieved grin lit up her features and the girl broke off into a jog, towards the caravans. So excited was she that she didn't realize that the camp was devoid of people, and that along with the whistle that it was probably an ambush. Her excitement and relief had brought her guard down, and now she was about to pay dearly for her mistake. Just as she entered the clearing, there came a string of voices, yelling incoherently. The next second she found herself surrounded as bandits from trees and behind caravans leapt out to circle her, their guns drawn and their scowls just daring for her to move. Her mind whirling as she tried to come up with a way to get out of this mess, she slowly put her hands up to show she was unarmed. "I'm sorry but I have no money or jewellry for you. I just got lost and needed directions back. Please let me go..." she uttered, her calm voice belying her fear. Jeezus, what've I gotten myself into?!

NOTES Look who finally got herself a posting template xD
OUTFIT Dark form-hugging jeans, a black tank-top, a black leather jackets, and black boots
CREDITS "Lonely Is The Night" by Billy Squier ~ Template by Doe-Eyed Harlot of Caution.

All The Right Friends In All The Wrong Places // Scarlet Frost Oie_tr12
Tayla Colt
Tayla Colt

Gold : 39615

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlet Frost Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:31 pm

- - - - - - - - - -
seven devils all around me
THEY WERE THERE WHEN I WOKE UP THIS MORNING
i'll be dead before the day is done
- - - - - - - - - -

Peering out from her spot amongst the leafy branches, Scarlet looked around at where the crew was. Most of them had hidden in caravans, in trees, while the less imaginative of the lot had opted to hide behind trees and caravans. It wasn't the most elaborate of operations, but it worked, and that was all that mattered. Sometimes simple was all that was needed, especially when it came to this lot where most of them had trouble spelling their own name. Turning her attention back to their latest victim, Scarlet frowned as she watched the woman jogging closer and closer to them. She didn't belong here. Didn't belong in Albion. Her clothes were all wrong and the fact that she wasn't at all wary about running into a strange camp made Scarlet think that she was one of the newcomers the country was in such an uproar about. According to the bandit grapevine, Albion had had had a lot of strange people claiming to be from other worlds landing in various towns. Bowerstone had seen more than its fair share, though apparently they had landed in other places too. They claimed to be from strange places called New York and London and Cardiff; strange places that no one had ever heard of that certainly didn't exist in this world of theirs. And now Scarlet was about to meet one face-to-face, if the crew didn't kill her first.

As the brunette finally made it to the camp, a collective delighted shout sounded as the boys leapt from their locations and onto the helpless woman, throwing ropes over her to bind her, before backing away to form a circle around her, so their leader could appraise their new catch. A growl left Scarlet's lips at the treatment. She had no qualms robbing Albionites, but to rob someone that didn't belong here was wrong. Leaping out of the tree, she landed right next to the brunette and drew her gun, pointing it right at Calder who was standing opposite her. Next second she stepped behind the woman, wrapping her left arm around her shoulders. "You so much as move, and I'll shoot," she uttered coldly, gun still fixed on Calder but dark eyes scanning the rest of the mercenaries for their reactions. "You will not so much as lay a finger on her, understood? Now stand down." The men made no movement to stand down, instead casting confused glances to each other and muttering. Scarlet gave an annoyed sigh and rolled her eyes. "Have you lost the ability to understand English?! I said, stand down!" she barked, anger in her eyes. A few of the ropes were dropped, but half of the men stood firmly in place. Grabbing the ropes from the front and pulling the poor girl with her, Scarlet stormed up to Calder, eyes blazing. "I swear to Avo, Calder, if you don't call off the men I will blow your brains all over this camp," she uttered lowly, flicking the safety off and putting the muzzle of the gun right under his chin. "And then I'll blow their brains out too. Call them off. Now."  

The man glared at her for a moment, before giving a small nod to the crew. The ropes were instantly dropped, and so the brunette wouldn't run away, Scarlet quickly reached back and grabbed onto the woman's top. Giving Calder an icy smile, she holstered her gun before pushing roughly through the crew and pulling the girl into her caravan, slamming the door shut. Letting the brunette go, she leaned against the wall, bringing her foot up halfway to anchor herself. "Didn't your mama ever warn you not to go into the woods alone if you're unarmed?" she asked, in lieu of a greeting. "Make yourself at home. Those hillbillies won't let you out for a while," she added, waving a dismissive hand around the caravan.

STATUS``: active
TAGGED``: baby <3
OUTFIT``: white peasant blouse, underbust corset, skinny black pants, and black lace-up boots
NOTES``: for those reading along: totally had permission to god-mode Tayla like i did. p.s. for the long post, i added her gold reward already.
LYRICS``: seven devils by florence and the machine
CREDIT``: made by TAYLYNOSAURUS REX! of caution 2.0. with a zillion and one edits by CALYPSO
Scarlet Frost
Scarlet Frost

Gold : 39225

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down